The Cats ended their season with a well fought game that just came up a little short in the end. There are a lot of what ifs and could have been but it is what it is. I am just sorry am just sorry recruiting season had to start so soon. The Cats picked it up their play at the very last minute, the level they were playing in the pre-season. I was pretty proud of how the put a rather disappointing season behind them and came to play in the tournament. Heck I am not the only one, I even had Grizzly friend giving the Cats all sort of compliments. I was particularly proud of Brandon Johnson. He stepped it up when they needed him to. Brandon has taken a lot of flack for being” too soft” or the like, but he always seems to put that behind him and come out and play. He is a player who really has started to grow on me. I even liked the way coach Huse pulled Howard off the bench to take the last shot. Maybe the by the book move – as the TV announcers wanted – would have been to set up Johnson or Mbunga, but by calling Howard’s number, who has hit a lot of end of the game shots for the Cats, he was showing confidence in a player who had struggled recently. That could pay dividends down the road. Most of the really good Bobcat teams came into being in previous year’s tournament so maybe this is a good sign. I hope the guys found out something about themselves this week, and they can take it into the spring and summer.

Well done guys!