Katie Busey has been named the Big Sky conference freshman of the year. Those of us who follow Big Sky women’s basketball were not terribly surprised by this announcement but I will admit I was a little relieved when it was announced yesterday. Bussey hands down deserved the award, but sometimes these awards do not always go to the player who deserves it the most. When I made it down for the Northern Colorado game in Bozeman, I was sitting in a section surrounded by a group of hard core women basketball fans. Early in the first half after a particularly nice play by Bussey I looked over at a lady sitting next to me and said Bussey is going to be a great player for us, to which she responded rather indignantly, “She is a great player!”. Near the end of the game as Bussey had just scored he19th point she leaned over to me and said “See I told you, she is great NOW!