It has almost a week and the only confirmed signing that has been reported by the Bobcat or Grizzlies at this point. The one athlete that has been reported is Rachel Semansky by Tricia Binford’s Lady Bobcats. North Idaho College and the Spokane Review reported last week that Michel Swita has signed with the Bobcats, but nothing official from MSU.

I thing I keep hearing though, is that this signing period has been incredibly difficult, more so for the men than the women to get things done this spring. It seems that between the NCAA tourney, Easter, and high school basketball last into March coaches have been having a very hard time getting in to prospective students homes and then on campus. This is even worse for JC players. A lot of players are just now in the middle of taking their trips, and if a player takes all 5 trips it could be a while before things shake out. The other thing that drags this whole thing out is that Tinkle, Huse and Selvig have a history of waiting until they have all or most of their recruits signed before issuing a press release.

Here is what I hear.

Bobcat Men: I was told that the Bobcats will announce a group of signees today or tomorrow. I expect it will be Michel Swita and Colt Idol … possibly more but I doubt it. I believe they are waiting on a couple athletes who have already been on campus who are priority.

Bobcat Women: While announcing Semansky’s signing Binford said she hopes to announce two more signees this week. I believe both recruits are already committed, with one being 6-0 Carrie Ojeda and the other is unknown (to me) at this point.

Griz Men: No word on anything yet, but I have been keeping my eye 5-7 point guard Steven Bennett of Citrus JC in California who I have heard the Griz are looking hard at. Four of Bennett’s team mates from Citrus JC have already committed, but not him. Also high schooler Marcus Tibbs is in the midst of taking his trips and it appear to be looking hard at Montana and Portland State after San Francisco and Montana State have backed off.

Lady Griz. Typically Robin gets this done quick so I would expect to hear something early this week.