With the spring signing period starting April 15th I thought I would give you a little scuttlebutt that I am hearing one the 4 Montana D-1 schools. Earlier I talked abut the calendar leading up to the signing period, as well as scuttlebutt on the Bobcat’s. The following is a the same for the Griz.

Grizzly Men’s Basketball – The Griz men I believe will look to sign one player possibly two. Shawn Stockton is gone, so the Griz are really looking over the JC ranks for a point guard who can come in and contribute right away. If they can not find the right JC player look for the Griz to sign another high school point, to go along with fall signee Will Cherry and let them battle it out. Winner gets the back up spot the other a redshirt. On another interesting recruiting note it appears the Griz have been contacting some of the power forwards /center they recruited last fall. They have also been contacting some upper end JC big men to see if they get any bites. I am not sure if they are actively recruiting big men, I do not believe they have offered anyone, or just testing the waters.




Lady Griz Basketball - The Lady Griz will be looking to sign at least two players this spring. I have heard that they are interested in signing a point guard for the future with at least one. I am not sure what they will be looking for at the other spot but the look really stacked at the wing position, so unless someone leaves the program I would guess they will stand pat at the 2 and 3. I am told they have at least one commit already but who and what position I am not clear.

Over all the Griz have been a lot quieter on the recruiting trail. Of the four programs the men’s Griz program is the only one that I have not heard of a possible commit. I think both programs are being pretty picky right now with who they offer. Niether is in a position of absolutely having to sign a particular player, so they can afford to be picky.