While I my primeary interest is in Montana Basketball I still hope to post occational football and other sports info as I run accross it for those who maybe intersted.

I found this on the Rivals.com.


The recent OldCoach combine at Coppell brought out plenty of talent at a variety of positions. However, it's no secret that the state of Texas always produces plenty of top notch talent at the quarterback position.

So it stands to reason that there were several impressive gunslingers in attendance at Coppell. While the big name going into the camp was Allen's Matt Brown, it was another Matt that shared the spotlight. Lindale quarterback Matt Broussard took home top honors for the position. While he feels he could have done even better, he's pretty satisfied with taking home the MVP trophy.

"I felt like I did good, especially for it being my first combine and not really knowing what to expect," Broussard said. "My 40-time could have been a little faster but that's just some stuff I need to work on. Then again I did get top quarterback for a reason so I can't be too hard on myself."

What makes his accomplishment even more impressive is that due to an incident, Broussard wasn't exactly well rested for the combine.

"I actually had to go to the hospital the night before so I didn't get as much rest as I would have liked. I still felt like I did good though. It was a really good combine. It was put together really well," Broussard said. "My brother accidentally hit me in the face with a golf club the night before. It was a pretty rough night."

The 6-foot, 170-pound Broussard has actually only been playing quarterback for a couple years now.

"Most people don't know I have only been playing quarterback for like a year and a half. I had been playing receiver," Broussard said.

Despite winning quarterback MVP for the camp, Broussard doesn't expect to play the position in college. In fact he's still unsure as to which side of the ball he'll end up on.

"Most likely from speaking with my coach, I'll be going to college as a utility player. I'm getting looked at as a defensive back or possibly on offense some. As long as I'm on the field, I don't care," Broussard said.

He has the speed to play either of those positions. He recorded one of the top 40-times at the combine with 4.58.

So far though, Broussard hasn't been able to really get his name out there. However, if he continues to have performances like he did at the combine, he can expect to hear from a lot more schools.

"I've just been hearing from some smaller schools. I hadn't gotten out to enough combines yet to really get my name out there. I've been talking to Tulsa and I'm going there April 18th for a junior day. Then Montana State has been calling a lot," Broussard said.

While Broussard took home quarterback MVP, Matt Brown took home the overall MVP for the combine. He recorded an impressive and somewhat surprising 40-time of 4.54 seconds. However, his talent was certainly not doubted considering he led the Allen Eagles to a state championship. The 6-foot, 175-pound quarterback has already collected offers from Nebraska, Arizona and Kansas State.